2019 Salt lake county market beef Rules
Beef Representative - Chris Ashcroft
MARKET STEER SHOW
- Exhibitors showing beef must bring brand inspection during weigh-ins and to obtain entry into the show. Brand inspections are required by law, even if cattle are not branded, when going to slaughter, changing ownership or leaving the state.
- There will be a minimum weight of 1,000 pounds for all market steers at the time of weigh-in. There will be no maximum weight on market beef animals.
- All male animals must be castrated.
- No animal shall have horns over 3 inches.
- Animals must be able to be handled. Any animal endangering human life is not allowed to remain on the fairgrounds. Animals not manageable should be withdrawn.
- Classes will be divided by weight groups. There will be no more than 10 beef per class.
- No white ribbon animals will be sold or given premiums.
- Paint and adhesive will be allowed below the hocks/knees and on the tail head only.
MARKET STEER SHOWMANSHIP
- Exhibitors will be divided into equal groups by age (Junior, Intermediate & Senior Divisions).
- No more than 10 animals will be in each class.
- Only market steers will be shown in showmanship.
- All exhibitors must have ownership of the animal.
- 4-H and FFA dress code must be followed.
- All heifers must be owned by the Junior Exhibitor and proof of ownership must be presented at the time of weigh-in.